This week we’re going to look at how you can use a hyperlink to create a pre-addressed email.
You could use this if you had a budget in Excel or a report in Word and wanted to make it easy for people to contact the person who created it. When you click on the hyperlink, it opens a new message with the To: and Subject field filled in.
To create a hyperlink that creates an email:
- Select the text you want to hyperlink
- On the Insert tab in the Links group, click on the Hyperlink button (or just press Ctrl+K)
- In the Insert Hyperlink dialog box, select E-Mail Address in the Link to: panel
- In the E-Mail Address: text box, enter an email address
- In the Subject: text box, enter a subject for the message
- Click on OK
You can use this feature in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.