Sometimes in Excel you might create a spreadsheet and after using it for a while decide you want to switch the rows and columns.
So it looks like this:
But you want it to look like this:
Excel has a handy Transpose feature that makes it easy to switch rows and columns:
1. Click on any cell in the range of cells you want to transpose
2. Press Ctrl+A to select all cells in the range
3. Press Ctrl+C to copy the cells
4. Right-click on an empty cell away from the selected cells
5. On the shortcut menu underneath Paste Options, select Transpose
Note that you cannot paste and transpose the cells on top of the existing cells. If you try to you’ll get an error message. So paste the cells to an empty area of your spreadsheet; delete the original cells and move the transposed cells into position.
This is one of those features you might seldom use but on the rare occasions when you do need it, it can be a huge time-saver.